Project Verum: The Foundations is now available! projectverum.org

Soum

ULTIMATE PAYPAL GUIDE

It's going to be a long read. Full guide.

Worried about PayPal bans?

Tell PayPal that you're dropshipping, either when you need to contact them or if they ask you. They're the only payment gateway that actively supports dropshipping. Other gateways like Stripe has dropshipping in their prohibited list of businesses [i got denied by most others except PayPal, atleast where i live currently i.e. india & bangladesh]

Reason PayPal is 'okay' with DS?

Look. Dropshipping isn't the business model we're in. Almost all the beginners get confused. Dropshipping is a fulfillment method. We're in e-commerce industry. Hence, Verum Ecom not Verum Dropship.

E-commerce shouldn't be banned. Your store should be so supreme looking that no one can say you're dropshipping/scam. Dropshipping has a bad reputation because of chargebacks CAUSE of fool beginners & legit scammers. I'll leave store design for other category in this forum. No payment gateway could identify i was dropshipping except when i contacted & asked them on my own. Only PayPal nodded yes.

PayPal's response to me was "we know you're dropshipping, just don't create any issues". What they meant is to keep chargebacks low, don't scale crazily.

TIPS

- If you do scale crazily, let their support know [by calling] or there is a button in settings to manually increase limits.

Don't underestimate calling them. I was once completely locked out of my account & there was no way in because i couldn't prove my account ownership. Then i called PayPal & they saw that my last 30 days activity's IP address was same from the phone I'm calling. "Hold on a minute, sir. Done" Now it won't ask you for verification.

It's like they have switch for everything on their end.

- ALWAYS upload tracking numbers for every order. If the item is delivered & the uploaded tracking number shows delivered then PayPal system will automatically make you the winner of the dispute & close the resolution. They SUPPORT SELLERS unlike other gateways.

- Keep customer support supreme. If a customer charges back, respond to them in PayPal ASAP but ideally you should be the first to reach out to customers if anything happens before they open PayPal for a dispute. You can also set an automated message by going to account -> account preferences & direct the customer to email you (like how you see an app support responds in appstore/googleplay to every review, same responses to email them) but i recommend you to personally message angry customers like i do.

- Keep customers engaged in emails. When i was a noob with PayPal & DS, my product was meant to arrive in 25 days as written in bold before shipping option in checkout but many customers disputed in PayPal in 15 days saying "it's been going on for 3 weeks, scam". 15 days ≠ 3 weeks. My mistake? I didn't sent a single email about the status of order. Simply giving tracking numbers isn't enough. Like amazon & flipkart & daraz, send shipping updates. I use aftership. You can even do a general update like after 2 days of order, "your order is packed & processed & is ready to ship". After 7 days of order, an email saying "order is on transit & has reached your country", depends on your shipping time. My 4-8 days shipping time needs only one "on transit email".

In case of an unfortunate ban, keep documents ready. Cooperate with them.

DO NOT dare to open BBB case. They'll immediately close your account forever and you have to wait 6 months to withdraw balance *me cries remembering past*

As Salam u Alaykum (May peace be upon you)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Soum said:

- ALWAYS upload tracking numbers for every order. If the item is delivered & the uploaded tracking number shows delivered then PayPal system will automatically make you the winner of the dispute & close the resolution. They SUPPORT SELLERS unlike other gateways.

Hi, thanks for your post. Do you use an app to upload tracking numbers to paypal? If so which one do you use? I have seen a couple of them before but there were always complaints of it not working properly or it being too expensive etc.

2 minutes ago, Sascha said:

Hi, thanks for your post. Do you use an app to upload tracking numbers to paypal? If so which one do you use? I have seen a couple of them before but there were always complaints of it not working properly or it being too expensive etc.

I couldn't find any tracking uploader plugin for my WordPress. I tried coding a plugin myself since i'm a web developer but then i found a chrome extension which someone recommended me on Github. It's a semi-automatic solution. You bulk upload CSV to the extension and it uploads to PayPal. Please try this at your own risk as PayPal doesn't allow bots. Those automatic tracking uploader companies may also not be allowed although i am not sure. This extension is paid. Hopefully someone has the time to start a good SAAS app in this business that works with all CMS.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/paypal-tracking-upload/oaacedaplbcgmjkdkgmocgcdgdiggjna

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sascha said:

I'm also looking for the best option on this. Also, I've read a comment saying that Paypal doesn't like these type of apps. Anyone knows if this is true?

@Don please read my reply above. Yes, PayPal doesn't like bots. Hence, it's better to do it safer way by a script like that. The only cons is that it is semi-automatic.

• Like 1

You are a lucky case that does not represent the majority of cases.

Some people including myself did all the things you did and still got big collateral and transaction holds

Hey guys,

We built an app called Simple Seller Protection (www.simplesellerprotection.com) that automatically uploads your tracking numbers to Paypal. It will upload all prior tracking numbers for free, and it's super cheap for ongoing orders.

This is a Shopify app and uses the official PayPal API, so this isn't a "bot" that would get shut down.

Also, unlike other solutions, we do NOT use Virtual Assistants (VAs), so you don't have to worry about strangers logging into your PayPal account.