Project Verum: The Foundations is now available! projectverum.org

JKrabb

Keep your product what it is

I recently made the mistake of trying to shift the branding of an already working store to fit a larger audience. 

The first problem with this is all the data my pixel collected became useless since the audience that was working isn't going to be the same as the new audience I was trying to transition into. 

Meaning the new audience will require the pixel to re-optimize, basically wasting all the ad budget I spent before.

Of course I made these changes thinking it would increase conversion rate, but quickly learned it does the opposite. 172314034_conversionratecomparison.thumb.jpg.52ecaafc30a29b9c6ea130d02bb25c03.jpg

This is the three day comparison. I made the changes around 1AM on March 6th and reverted them 1AM today. 

Consider the conversion rate back to normal (accidentally included India in targeting today so got a shit ton of cheap clicks).

The lesson I learned is once you find a working audience with a certain branding, dive deeper into it rather than trying to expand it. 

I think a lot of beginners may try to scale incorrectly by expanding their product's audience rather than improving on the one you already have. 

You can always test new interests out, but don't go changing the branding of a working store. 

I'd love to hear some comments or past experiences about the same topic!

• Like 1

It could also been a bad day, difficult to analyze on a such short time range, FB look for engaged shoppers even if they are in different audiences. You just need to try a lot of audiences as possible.

Download Winads. Its an app that allows you to host multiple fb pixels on your store and segment it out by tag or collection. This basically solves your problem entirely.

It's definitely the inclusion of India, there's a lot of bad quality traffic there (people don't really buy)