Project Verum: The Foundations is now available! projectverum.org

24den

Scale Rule

Hey guys, just wanted to clarify John's Scale Rule.

1. If a CBO performs well for 2 days, and the winning audience exceeds 20m, duplicate the winning audience into a new CBO with twice the original budget.
2. If the CBO continues to do well, you can continue scaling by duplicating the CBO, and doubling the budget again.
3. If a campaign spends 5x your breakeven cost per purchase while scaling, kill the campaign.

Currently I'm on Phase 3 running a $100 CBO of 75% VV LAA's. 5 adsets from 1% to 5%. Currently, the 4% adset is vastly outperforming everything else. If I want to scale this, should I...

A.) Duplicate the entire CBO and raise the budget to $200

B.) Duplicate the 4% adset into a new CBO, and set daily budget to $200. This results in the creation of one more CBO, daily budget $200, containing only 1 adset (a duplicate of the 4% LAA).

C.) Do B, and then have 5 duplicate adsets of the 4% LAA. This results in the creation of one more CBO, daily budget $200, containing 5 adsets (all duplicates of the 4% LAA).

What's the correct thing to do here? Is raising the budget this much going to affect the performance? 

Thanks.

Duplicate the 4% LAA 5 times into a new CBO and start the budget at $100. Since it's your best performing adset, this will let you find more pockets of potential buyers. Good luck!

Option C is the best, but I often go with 50% budget increase. 100% often not goes well, but that's only a personal preference.