Project Verum: The Foundations is now available! projectverum.org

Shopify

Copying newly viral products

Can it work if you catch a new product while its gaining popularity, use the same ad as the first mover and run it 2 or 3 days after the original poster?

Is there anything stopping that from working?

From what I understand you can, but you wont have the same information about which target audience to hit such as the popular ones and also the website wouldn't be top notch either. 

You can only use some parts of his clip or you can edit his entire video with your own style. Otherwise he can report your video for copyright infringement and it will be taken down & it should, especially if he owns the content. Same goes with photo Ads. It is recommended to take inspiration but make your own content. Take inspiration from the different elements he uses like persuasion elements, hook, CTA, etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyCache said:

From what I understand you can, but you wont have the same information about which target audience to hit such as the popular ones and also the website wouldn't be top notch either. 

so it seems like there are no products that can be profitable right away i.e. you must lose money in the beginning to make money later

20 hours ago, Shopify said:

so it seems like there are no products that can be profitable right away i.e. you must lose money in the beginning to make money later

This is not true. I know some winners can be profitable from day 1, of course those are big winners. But yes they do exist and you can definitely come across them while testing.

Its always better to make your own creatives, but people have done that in the past, just taking clips from ads that are starting to gain traction.

It's worth a shot, but you should try improving upon the creative / product page and make it better than your competition. This will let you scale further than them 🙂