Project Verum: The Foundations is now available! projectverum.org

Soum

Automatic placements VS edit placements

As the title suggests, i want to clear this confusion for everybody, once and for all. But i am NOT a Facebook Ads expert. Hence, i want this post to be a discussion between the PRO ecommerce businessmen & women to finally clear this confusion for everybody, once and for all.

Automatic placements OR edit placements? Would you let FB do the work or edit the placement to FB & IG feeds?

I know that many of you will say "TEST, TEST, TEST" but the thing is i come from a STEM major and i like to know the science behind a concept in business. I don't blindly follow the data, i want to know 'why'.

I've recently seen many PRO dropshippers like flying start online still editing down the placements whereas other PRO dropshippers like verum ecom team using the auto placements.

Let the discussion BEGIN!

Autoplacement when testing audience. Edit placement when scaling. You would be surprise that some of the sales will come from stories feed.

I often choose edit placement for only insta/FB feed for testing. Then in scaling auto-placement letting FB decides.

But Audience Network will often spend all the money (depending on the audience) which sometimes causes bad result. The best is to split test and see what's working for you

I was taught by a mentor of mine to probably do this differently to the way verum preach but..

I start with IG story only to test. Making images is alot faster than vids and allows you to test very fast

Once I have proof of concept and we have scaled a little with interests and stories only, then we switch to auto placement and start testing from there. Should have also built up some data by then

IG has to be on point though if you do it this way

I always use auto placements. It's just one less thing to worry about and in the past, I haven't had greater results choosing my own placements. Facebook's advertising is becoming more and more automated every day, so I trust their judgement