Project Verum: The Foundations is now available! projectverum.org

ceky63

Where to find suppliers?

Hey,

I'm pretty new to drop-shipping and still can't figure out where you guys find suppliers who have fast shipping and don't require bulk purchase.

Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

Hello,

I guess most people start with aliexpress with 2-4 weeks delivery time, that's one of the downsides of dropshipping.

However there are some alternatives. I'll use CJ Dropshipping for my next store and they claim they can ship it from China to USA in 4-8 days.

They even have a USA warehouse with even faster shipping times but higher cost.

You can google "fullfilment center" to find more alternatives to aliexpress.

12 hours ago, aBBa said:

I'll use CJ Dropshipping for my next store and they claim they can ship it from China to USA in 4-8 days.

thats pretty new and neat information to me. Shall definitely keep that in mind. Though i have temporarily paused my store due to the corona virus pandemic happening everywhere. 

10 hours ago, Winston said:

Does CJDropshipping require you to buy specific amount of inventory or can u dropship like aliexpress? 

They have some products already in stock, or you can send them your own stock.

You can subscribe and browse the products, they have quite a lot.

I use AliExpress. You can sometimes reach out to one of your regular suppliers to source other products that are not easily available

There are 2 main ways:

1. Go to AliExpress, message any supplier and ask them if they can fullfil via Yun Express/SF Express. It's pretty fast, often less than 10 days. You can also use a US supplier on AliExpress.

2. Go to Alibaba, ask them to ship in bulk to the warehouse in US. You can use this service for example: https://www.shipbob.com/

They will receive your products, pack and ship it inside the US. Really fast, about 3 days shipping

5 hours ago, baller said:

There are 2 main ways:

1. Go to AliExpress, message any supplier and ask them if they can fullfil via Yun Express/SF Express. It's pretty fast, often less than 10 days. You can also use a US supplier on AliExpress.

2. Go to Alibaba, ask them to ship in bulk to the warehouse in US. You can use this service for example: https://www.shipbob.com/

They will receive your products, pack and ship it inside the US. Really fast, about 3 days shipping

Shopbob is really good, but I would only recommend once you have a hang of things and have daily orders

You can just start on aliexpress when testing products. When you have a product with daily orders and you start to scale ask your supplier if he can get you better price and better logistic company like yunexpress. You could also ask him to purchase your products outside of Aliexpress because they have fees on aliexpress, so they could get better prices for you outside aliexpress.

3 hours ago, Phillip_B said:

You can just start on aliexpress when testing products. When you have a product with daily orders and you start to scale ask your supplier if he can get you better price and better logistic company like yunexpress. You could also ask him to purchase your products outside of Aliexpress because they have fees on aliexpress, so they could get better prices for you outside aliexpress.

With the current situation, I'm afraid you can't use Aliexpress without premium shipping. Epacket is pretty much not working now so I would say get Yun from the beginning. A little less margin, but wayyy less headache.

Edited by baller

11 hours ago, baller said:

With the current situation, I'm afraid you can't use Aliexpress without premium shipping. Epacket is pretty much not working now so I would say get Yun from the beginning. A little less margin, but wayyy less headache.

What if the supplier on Aliexpress is not giving Yun as an option? You are saying to message him directly?

1 hour ago, TT2019 said:

What if the supplier on Aliexpress is not giving Yun as an option? You are saying to message him directly?

Yeah message him directly because Yun is not a default shipping option in most listings, but most big suppliers I talked to can ship with Yun.

After awhile you can ask your supplier a VIP listing just for you on AliExpress that's only ship with premium shipping. That's where I'm at right now, my supplier creates a listing just for me to place order, and ship with Yun.

@baller do you order through AliExpress or CSV? Do they add yunexpress as an option in the VIP listing?

@TT2019 I've heard of hypersku. The prices are high but UI is better than CJ so looks promising. Haven't ordered yet. Salehoo is only a directory mostly for wholesale like Alibaba

Yunexpress is a good option right now, if you still want to use Aliexpress then use Aliexpress Standard Shipping

7 hours ago, Soum said:

@baller do you order through AliExpress or CSV? Do they add yunexpress as an option in the VIP listing?

@TT2019 I've heard of hypersku. The prices are high but UI is better than CJ so looks promising. Haven't ordered yet. Salehoo is only a directory mostly for wholesale like Alibaba

The supplier creates a VIP listing on Aliexpress for me with Yun Express enabled. Order via Aliexpress.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 1:01 AM, baller said:

Aliexpress standard shipping is still delivering atm but yes if you can go with yunexpress its the move to do!